TIPS FOR DRIVERS:
- Wipers On > Headlights On
- Active Work Zone > Headlights On
- Buckle Up For Safety
- Don't Text & Drive
- Respect Crosswalks: Drivers must yield to all pedestrians in any crosswalk in Annville.
TIPS FOR PARENTS:
Children cannot judge speed, distance or direction well and are easily distracted. Young Children think if they can see a car, the car can see them. Most kids are struck in the street or driveways near their homes. Protect your child by always modeling proper pedestrian behavior, and by following these safety tips:
- Understand and obey traffic signals and signs
- Cross at corners using traffic signals and crosswalks
- Always stop at the curb, or at the edge of a road if there is no curb, before crossing the street
- Look Left ...Right...and Left again before crossing the street.
- Walk don't run across the street
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up
- Always hold a grown-ups hand in parking lots.
- Make child safe play areas: such as yards, parks and playgrounds - NEVER IN THE STREET
- Teach your child NEVER to run or dart out into a street for a ball, pet, or any other reason.
TIPS FOR HOMEOWNERS:
Chimneys and fireplaces should be inspected and cleaned every year. Look for a licensed professional chimney sweep in the phone book. You should also examine the exterior of your chimney for cracks in the masonry or bricks.