The Department of Public Works operates the wastewater treatment plant and maintains Township streets and properties. Want to know more about what happens when you flush? Click: Wastewater Treatment.
Public Works Headquarters: 675 W. Main Street at the Treatment Plant and Highway Garage complex
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday from 6:00 am – 2:30 pm; Weekends from 5:30 am to 8:00 am
Staff: Les Powell (Supervisor), Keith Heck (Lab Manager), Christopher Koehler (Operator), Joseph Viozzi (Operator), Jason Shaak and Gary Kosh
Public Works also offers the following service to Township residents:
- Bulk trash disposal – Self-service dumpster available spring through fall at the Public Works facility, 675 West Main Street. More info below for details on availability and requirements.
- Green waste and branches disposal – Self-service dumpster available spring through fall at the Public Works facility, 675 West Main Street. More info below for details on availability and requirements.
- Metals recycling – Self-service dumpster available spring through fall at the Public Works facility. Please, no appliances with Freon. More info below for details on availability and requirements.
- Removal of greenwaste and branches – For $40, Public Works will collect up to a 4’x4′ pile from your property placed curbside; download the Bulk Trash/Green Waste Form registration form or pick one up in the Town Hall.
- Removal of bulk trash – For $40, Public Works will collect bulk trash from your property placed curbside; download the Bulk Trash/Green Waste Form registration form or pick one up in the Town Hall.
Place loose leaves in the street about one foot from the curb. Please be sure that there are no bags, sticks, or twigs in your pile as these materials will damage the Township equipment. Collection will resume in the fall of 2021.
Dates open: March 17, 2021 through November 6, 2021 (Exceptions: will be closed on April 3, May 29, July 3, August 14, and September 4)
Hours: Wednesdays from 12 noon to 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 6:00 am to 12 noon
**REMINDER – There is no longer a dumpster for cardboard since it is now collected curbside. Please place flattened cardboard out with your weekly recycling on Tuesdays.**
Contact the Township Office with any questions at (717) 867-4476.
- No appliances with Freon
- No bags of green waste
- No car parts, tires or batteries
- No electronics (see below to recycle electronic devices)
- No hazardous waste (see below to dispose of such materials)
- No plastic bags, paper bags, or containers in the dumpster
- No appliances with Freon
RECYCLE ELECTRONIC DEVICES:
Available at the Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority, 1610 Russell Road 717-867-5790
UNACCEPTABLE DEVICES (Dispose of these in the regular trash.)
- Audio equipment: Stereos – Radios – Boom Boxes – Speakers – Console Stereos – CD Players
- Small Appliances: Digital Clocks – Toasters – Toaster Ovens – Sweepers – Vacuums – Irons – Hair Dryers – Hand Mixers – Stand Mixers – Blenders – Microwave Ovens
- Office Equipment: Answering Machines – Copy Machines – Fax Machines – Calculators
- Home Entertainment: VCRs – DVRs – DVD Players – Small Satellite Dishes –
- Christmas Tree Lights
ACCEPTABLE DEVICES – For a comprehensive list, please visit the GLRA’s website.
Paint cans with excess paint can be disposed in your regular trash IF THE PAINT IS DRY. Open cans and use sawdust or cat litter to dry the paint. No paint is accepted at the Public Works facility.
HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL:
Call Lebanon County’s Household Hazardous Waste Hotline at 1-800-742-5542 ext. 123 or visit www.mxiinc.com/lebanon for more information